Saturday 8 February 2014

A master-class

Saturday 28th December
FA Premier League
Hull City 6 Fulham 0
 

Although frustrated by postponement of our Festive meeting with Bentley Colliery (at our opponents’ behest – the pitch would have been perfect), the ensuing blank Saturday allowed me my first trip this season to the KC Stadium.  It could not have been a better one! 
In fairness I should have known it was going to be good when the Younger Slushette agreed to accompany me – her last visit to the ground had been to see the Tigers rip the arris out of Neil Warnock’s Leeds United almost a year to the day.  Today she would see a different type of master-class, although how much of this fact she actually appreciated is difficult to gauge!
As we left the KC following the aforementioned Leeds game, I told my youngest, “You’ll probably not remember this in later life but you’ve just witnessed probably the finest performance I can recall by a Hull City team”.
As we left the KC following this latest visit, I told my youngest, “You’ll probably not remember this in later life but you’ve just witnessed probably the finest performance I can recall by an individual Hull City player”.  Tom Huddlestone was the man in question.
Okay, so looking back I may find that statement to be slightly exaggerated.  And it should also be stated now that Fulham were bloody awful and looked every bit a side bound for relegation.  On this evidence City could be aiming for Europe and Huddlestone for inclusion in Roy’s England squad for Brazil 2014...okay, maybe not.
 
A far more informed report of the match can be found here courtesy of those jolly nice chaps at Amber Nectar.
Suffice to say, a family tea at Home Farm (the Slushettes’ venue of choice) and top billing on that night’s Match of the Day capped off a Saturday that just about meets the definition of “perfect”.

No comments: