Sunday 17 March 2013

The Rovers Return

Sunday 3rd March
Super League
Hull Kingston Rovers 26 Warrington Wolves 12

I know, I know, it's been too long.  Nothing I can say can atone for my absence.  I deserted you in your hour(s) of need (i.e. most of last season) and for that I deserve to be horse-whipped and/or force-fed the upcoming DVD of Hull FC's all-conquering 2013 season...ah, perhaps a suspended sentence then?!
Anyway, the main thing dear old East Stand is that I'm back.  In person. Unaccompanied (fickle kids) and ready to celebrate with the boys again.  I can't promise this will suddenly become a regular thing again (just in case Mrs Slush is reading) but I do promise to enjoy it while it lasts.
And this particular Sunday afternoon in East Hull was very, very enjoyable!
Official reports of the game can be found here and here.  As for my personal thoughts on the day - great performance, good atmosphere, excellent company but where was the cockerel?!
 
 

No comments: